Which Laundry Detergent Is Best For Your Family?
There are many options out there when it comes to using laundry detergent. Knowing the best kind of laundry detergent for a family will take a bit of research. If someone goes down the laundry aisle at their local store, they will find that there are many different brands available. It can be hard to choose just one brand. A person will want to make sure that they address each one of their family members needs. For some people, this includes using a detergent that is for sensitive skin. There are many different popular detergents out there that have been formulated for sensitive skin users. Some members of a family may be allergic to some of the additives. They may also choose not to use some of the traditional larger detergents out there and go for more natural options. When choosing laundry detergent, if ingredients are important to a person they need to make sure that they take the time to read the ingredients of the laundry detergent. If they want to avoid any chemicals, they will want to go with an alternative detergent item.
Popular Name Brand Laundry Detergent
There are many different larger detergents out there on the market. Here are some of the most popular larger detergents out there:
- Tide - This is probably the most commonly recognized laundry detergent out there. It is said to clean up to 6 times the cleaning of other leading detergents. It is known to cut through tough odors and leaves behind an amazing scent.
- Gain - Gain is known for its ability to keep clothes smelling great even after 2 weeks. It can be used in both high-efficiency and regular washers.
- Arm & Hammer - This laundry detergent is known for including baking soda that will help eliminate odors. It is half the size of regular laundry detergent bottles, but it will provide the same number of washes.
- Presto - This brand of laundry detergent is known for being highly concentrated to ensure that people use less soap per load. It can provide up to 53 loads while in a small bottle. This detergent does not contain dyes or fragrances.
- Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day - This laundry detergent is safe and gentle on clothes and contains essential oils. It is free from chlorine, artificial colors, and animal-derived ingredients. This laundry detergent is energy efficient machine compatible.
Popular Sensitive Skin Detergents
If a person or a member of their family has sensitive skin, they will want to try a sensitive skin based detergent. Here are a few that are popular:
- Arm and Hammer for Sensitive Skin - This detergent is washer friendly and dye free. It is great for sensitive skin and leaves behind a fresh scent.
- Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent - This detergent does not add any dyes or synthetic fragrances. It is hypoallergenic and biodegradable.
- All Free Clear - This laundry detergent is highly recommended by the National Eczema Association. It is great for those with skin issues.
- Purex Natural Elements - This laundry detergent contains natural elements from plants that help clean clothes thoroughly.
- Clorox Green Works - This natural laundry detergent is made especially for people with sensitive skin. It does not contain any residue from chemicals or optical brighteners.
Popular Alternative Detergent Items
If a person does not wish to use chemically laden laundry detergent and they choose not to use laundry detergent that is formulated for sensitive skin, they can choose some other ideas.
If a person wants to make sure that there are laundry detergent as 100% chemical free and does not have any additives, they can make laundry soap themselves. There are many recipes online and in books that will show a person exactly how to make homemade laundry detergent.
Soap nuts are a berry like fruit that comes from the Sapindus Mukorossi tree. Once the berries are gathered, the seeds are removed and dried in the sun. Once they are dry, they make a gentle antimicrobial soap that is great for high-efficiency washers and regular washers.
There are tons of options for people when it comes to choosing what laundry detergent they want to use. They need to keep in mind what kind of detergent they want to use, their family’s skincare, and what kind of machine they have.