A Guide to Jamaican All Inclusives
Situated in the West Indies, Jamaica is a lush green pearl amid a sea of clear glass. This island is noted for friendly people with a laid back attitude, fantastic food, and some of the best all-inclusive resorts in the world. Sip some Jamaican Blue coffee, (grown in the famous Blue Mountain region of the island.) Relax in sparkling pools overlooking the sea. Party all night with friends. Guests to the island can explore one of the many beaches that ring this tiny country. Secluded, nude beaches, or long stretches of pristine, natural beaches- there is a place for everyone here. The adventurous can do some cliff diving in Negril or swim over the blue hole in Ocho Rios. The combination of fresh conch ceviche, reggae music in the clubs, or quiet hikes through the high mountains, makes Jamaican a place to return to year-after-year.
All-Inclusive Resort Expectations
In many places, 'all-inclusive' does not mean 'everything' is included. Things like activities, specialty liquors, and dining in certain restaurants are an added fee. However, the top-notch Jamaican resorts include all of the pleasures in the price guests pay for their stay. Put the wallet up and let the fun begin. Here are some of the things guests can expect when staying in a premium 'all-inclusive' resort in Jamaica:
- Top-shelf liquors
- Private beaches
- Non-motorized water sports
Some of the best Jamaican resorts offer free airport shuttles, a la carte meals, butler service, and private pools with each room. Step from the cozy robe, dip into private plunge pools, then enjoy breakfast - all in the seclusion of a luxurious sanctuary. This is what guests to the best all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica can expect.
Don't Expect Everything
Every dream has an awakening. The same is true for all-inclusive resorts. There are things that are not included in 'all-inclusives'. They vary by resort, and as the old saying goes 'you definitely get what you pay for'. It may be worth it to pay the little bit extra when considering the options. Do not expect these things to be included in the package price:
- Spa Services
- Motorized water sports
- Specialty restaurants
Excursions are usually excluded, too. Dolphin swims, zip-lining, dives, and tours, will cost extra, so plan accordingly. However, some resorts will include tickets to attractions to entice visitors to choose their resort. Check the website carefully to get the best value.
Popular All-Inclusive Jamaica Resorts
Here are some of the most popular all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica:
- Secrets, St. James (Montego Bay) - Adults-only resort with a private pool and Jacuzzi for two on the balcony.
- Royalton Blue Waters (Montego Bay) - This family resort has a massive water slide, a lazy river, and even programs for children and teens.
- Secrets Wild Orchid (Montego Bay) - This adults-only resort boasts swim-out suites that include a dual-temperature private pool.
- Couples Swept Away (Negril) - The sunset cruise adds romance to this private, adults-only retreat.
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa (Negril) - Zero-entry pool, personal butler service, and an outdoor dining patio with loveseat, make this a popular option.
- Moon Palace Jamaica (Ocho Rios) - Choose the concierge level for two complimentary massages in this family-friendly all-inclusive resort.
- Melia Braco Village (Rio Bueno) - Enjoy magnificent oceanfront views from the top-floor balcony of this all-inclusive resort.
- Franklyn D Resort (Runaway Bay) - This family-friendly resort has an included full-time nanny in the package price. Enjoy family time and then have a quiet, romantic dinner alone.
Jamaican all-inclusive resorts have something for everyone. Couples, families, honeymooners, and adults-only resorts will cover every vacation need. Private plunge pools, concierge service, butlers, sunset sails, and plenty of food will please even the most selective guests.